Lake Como is the deepest lake in Italy and has long reigned as one of the most magnificent places for a vacation on the entire continent. The lake reaches a depth of 1,345 feet and was once known as “deep place” in the distant past when explorers couldn’t reach the bottom.
Lake Como was originally formed by the movement and melting of ancient glaciers. If you take a look at the lake from above, you’ll notice that it’s shaped like an upside-down “Y” and boasts at least 100 miles of shoreline. Throughout the centuries, Italians and visitors to this idyllic region have built magnificent homes with unforgettable views.
Exploring Italy means learning about the fascinating history of the country, but it also means experiencing some truly magnificent vacation spots. There’s a good reason why ancient scholars like Pliny the Younger and modern, famous celebrities like George Clooney decided to move to the lake. It’s absolutely beautiful in any season and remains one of the most popular holiday destinations in all of Italy.
Lucky for us, many of Lake Como’s miles of shoreline boast beautiful villas that owners make available as luxury rentals, from the town of Lecco in the south east to the famous town of Como in the south west. You, too, can choose one of the following gorgeous Lake Como villas for rent and feel like a movie star with your million-dollar lake view and luxurious surroundings.
- Best Villa for Couples: Cascina Taronico
- Best Villa for Families: Charming Villa Como Lake
- Best Villa for Luxury: Luxury Villa Molli
- Best Villa for Privacy: The Writer’s Nest Waterfront Villa
- Best Villa for Mountain Views: Villa Sole Lake Como Pool
- Best Villa for Relaxation: ALTIDO Villa With Lake Views
- Best Villa for Pet Friendly Stays: Casa Sissi
Best Villas in Lake Como
1. ALTIDO Villa With Lake Views
Address: Via Schignano, 54, 22010 Argegno, Italy
The ALTIDO Villa with a Pool & Lake View on Via Bellinzona in Como, Italy is a new and beautifully spacious home in a quiet neighborhood near the water. Not only does the large home offer beautiful views of the lake from its terrace, but it also features a seasonal outdoor swimming pool.
Free private parking is easy at the villa with ample space offered for cars, and the home also offers air conditioning, which means it’s comfortable in any season. In the winter months, use the fireplace while gazing out the giant picture window at the view.
The idyllic garden area is shaded by mature trees and offers ample seating and opportunities for quiet relaxation with your significant other and beautiful garden views in the spring.
- The villa boasts an amazing view of the lake in any season from its wonderful terrace
- The villa is located in a quiet neighborhood, ideal for quiet vacations with a view
- An incredible swimming pool (open seasonally)
- Although there are six bedrooms and eight beds, the largest bed offered is a queen size
See Related: Best Things To Do Around Lake Como, Italy
2. Casa Sissi
Address: 18 Via Cavana, 22021 Bellagio, Italy
If you’re searching for a classic Italian home with a beautiful terrace and a great view, Casa Sissi will suit you beautifully. This beautiful villa is located near the town of Bellagio, which sits along the coastline where quaint cobbled stairways overflow amongst shops and restaurants. The view from the second story terrace is sublime, especially when paired with a morning coffee.
Several rooms in the home have a view of the lake, so you don’t have to hang out on the terrace to see the water and the hills that surround it. There’s a café and a pizza place right around the corner, but this idyllic villa also offers a beautiful, well-equipped kitchen for cooking.
With three bedrooms and four beds, Casa Sissi isn’t a grand and imposing residence, but it’s perfect for a small group of travelers searching for a quiet corner of the lake.
- Multiple rooms from this cozy villa offer views of the lake
- You may bring your pets with you to stay at the villa for no additional charge
- You might need a car to reach Bellagio’s city center since it’s a little far to walk to town
Book your room at Casa Sissi here.
3. The Writer’s Nest Waterfront Villa
Address: Via alle Rive, 22020 Faggeto Lario, Italy
The Writer’s Nest Waterfront Villa is a truly unique vacation home with all the comforts and some of the most unique architecture of all the luxury villas around the lake. The home is set in a quiet corner of the lake and was once used as a refuge for workers in the area.
One of the interesting features of the property is that it’s only accessible via the lake, so you have to park your car in nearby Faggeto Lario and then take a boat over to the villa. Enjoy the sandy private beach area, unforgettable view, and the true peace of this truly isolated home.
At night, curl up with a book in the library and marvel at the beautifully ancient interior with row upon row of books, rustic stone walls, and exposed wooden beams.
- Awesome old school charm and unique architecture make this villa unforgettable
- The lake is just steps away from the beautiful seating area and the view is expansive
- This popular Lake Como villa is often rented out, so you have to book well in advance
4. Luxury Villa Molli
Address: 4 Via Aureggio, 22021 Bellagio, Italy
If you’re looking for villas in Lake Como without equal, you’ll want to put Villa Molli on your list. This striking home sits in an elevated position from the water and offers visitors an unparalleled view of the lake.
The outdoor swimming pool at the edge of the home drops out of sight toward the lake, and the hot tubs also offer the most incredible views, especially at night when the lake becomes peaceful and serene. Whether day or night, every hour you spend at this incredibly luxurious residence is an unforgettable one.
The home is strikingly modern, which makes it unique on the shores of Lake Como where classic architecture and Mediterranean-style luxury villas reign supreme.
- Infinity swimming pool with its lake view at sunset is like no other experience in the world
- The owners will accommodate special requests for gatherings and parties.
- The ultra-contemporary interior may not appeal to all travelers; the villa is decidedly modern
See Related: Best Tuscan Villas for Weddings
5. Villa Sole Lake Como Pool
Address: Sala Comacina, Lombardy, Italy
Villa Sole is an exceptional property with a large green lawn, views of the snowcapped alps, and gorgeous views of the glistening water. The property offers wonderful privacy and yet feels spacious and expansive with its large manicured lawns and views of the mountain village and snow capped mountains.
The property is within walking distance of the Bellagio Ferry Terminal, and it’s also just a quick walk to get to the beautiful Villa Melzi Gardens. It’s helpful to have a car for your stay, but it’s not mandatory.
The villa offers guests four bedrooms, which means families have enough room for a stay, as well as couples. Sit on the terrace and enjoy the private pool view or make dinner in the fully-equipped kitchen.
- Guests benefit from the unparalleled views of the surrounding mountain from a high spot perched on a hill
- Within walking distance of several restaurants but also has a fantastic kitchen in the home
- There are a lot of steps around the property, which may get tiring after a while
6. Charming Villa Como Lake
Address: Como, Lombardy, Italy
If you’re searching for a classy Lake Como vacation home, this Charming Villa on Como Lake is a beautiful choice. From the serene garden to the cozy balconies, the home is the ideal place to welcome family for a luxurious respite on the lake.
Although the home doesn’t have a pool, there is a hot tub for relaxing after a day spent walking around the local attractions like the Silk Museum, Baradello Castle, and Villa Balbianello. A handful of restaurants and cafes are just minutes away by foot, and the home also comes with a fully equipped kitchen.
This beautiful villa is a wonderful place to visit in the spring when the flowers are blooming and all the greenery of the gardens is at its finest. You’ll also get to enjoy some wonderful city views at night.
- The property is a wonderful choice when you want a luxurious and classy vacation home
- The villa is in close proximity to the train station, so you can forgo a car during your stay
- The villa is a little large for a small family with seven total beds
- City view rather than lake views
See Related: Best Time to Visit Lake Como
7. Villa Torno Lake Como Unique View
Address: Torno, Lombardy, Italy
Staying in a luxurious Lake Como vacation home sounds delightful, but what if that home was built in ancient times and recently fully restored with all the modern accouterments? Villa Torno is one such vacation home on the lake with its incredibly private location and unique features like the stone kitchen.
The sunsets in the summer are incredible, and the remote house boasts the perfect location for privacy and relaxation. You will need to climb several stairs to reach the property, but the destination and scenery are worth every step.
Enjoy wonderfully contemporary features inside the home while also getting to appreciate the ancient rooms of the home that have been restored, like the kitchen with its stone walls.
- Offers an ideal respite for privacy but is not too far from Como or Bellagio
- Truly unique home that was lovingly restored offers a wonderfully peaceful environment
- Getting to the home requires climbing 80 stairs, which might be a little much for some
See Related: Villas for Rent in Lombardy
8. New Villa with Amazing View on Isola Comacina
Address: Lenno, Tremezzina, Lombardy
Some of the homes around Lake Como are ancient, but it’s not impossible to find a home built in the last few years. If you’re seeking a new residence near Lake Como, try this New Villa with Amazing View. Enjoy all the amenities that come with a brand-new house alongside a timeless view.
One of the neat features of this property is that it’s actually two apartments that can each comfortably house eight people, but it’s possible to book both apartments at the same time for a larger group or privacy.
A sandy beach waits for your toes across the street from the home, and the bottom unit features a private garden for quiet afternoons spent relaxing.
- Option to rent the entire home, convenient when you’re traveling with more than eight people
- The pool is a great place for the kids to play if you need to give them an activity to occupy them
- Breathtaking views
- The property is gorgeous but too large for just a couple of travelers
9. Magnificent Villa Located in Bellagio
Magnificent Villa Located in Bellagio / VRBO
Address: Bellagio, Lombardy, Italy
The Magnificent Villa Located in Bellagio is modern yet classically Italian with its antique-style furnishings and breathtaking lake views. The residence will welcome up to ten guests in its four bedrooms. The home is about 3,800 square feet, so there’s lots of room for everyone to relax.
Upon arrival, your party will receive welcome treats and will get to start enjoying the home’s amenities immediately. As you walk through the living room, you’ll notice the huge and beautiful doors that lead out to the yard and its magnificent view.
If you’re traveling with a large party, this property is ideal because the owner caters to large groups. For example, the dining room has several chairs, the table will accommodate at least eight and there’s free wifi to keep the kids occupied.
- The panoramic lake views are beautiful from every side of the home
- Relax outside with a large group and enjoy the spacious patios and yard
- Complimentary wifi
- The minimum number of overnight guests to rent the property is ten, but exceptions can be made
See Related: Best Places to Visit in Italy
10. Cascina Taronico
Address: Bellagio, Lombardy, Italy
Cascina Taronico offers a stunning lake view and a peaceful garden, and its small size makes it ideal for couples traveling together even though it does offer enough room for five adults. The home is a cozy 872 square feet, and its stone exterior immediately welcomes you into a home that looks like it was plucked out of the 1800s.
The property owner is accommodating to travelers with pets and offers storage for bicycles and motorbikes. Although there is no private parking on site, there is public parking just a two-minute walk away. You can also walk to several local businesses like restaurants and bakeries.
If you’re traveling with your significant other and want a quiet place to stay for a few days, you couldn’t find a more beautiful and peaceful place to stay.
- Walk to the local supermarket or fresh milk and cheese shop and live like a local at this cozy villa
- The property recently installed air conditioning to make the home more comfortable in the summer
- The home is fairly small, so it would be a very tight squeeze for a large party or family