The Tuscan countryside makes an ideal spot for a dream wedding of any size. The rolling hills and olive groves here have for a long time become the ideal place for destination weddings. For example, you can book a private chapel ideal for intimate weddings. Otherwise, choose one of the venues in Tuscany meant for large crowds.
It could be a romantic wedding in a manor house or a sharing of wedding vows by cypress trees. Either way, you’ll create unforgettable memories in the Tuscan countryside.
What Are The Best Tuscany Villas for Dream Weddings?
What is it that you think makes a perfect wedding and honeymoon in Tuscany? For instance, you could choose a romantic farmhouse that has formal gardens and maid service. Otherwise, maybe you’d prefer a hot tub, pool area and catering services.
Above all your preferences, the Tuscan landscape speaks for itself if that’s what you want for your dream wedding. You will find no shortage of Tuscan vacation rentals for weddings with stunning views and a well-kept Italian garden.
It’s also possible to find wedding venues that will host private symbolic ceremonies for just the bride and groom. Most exclusive venues offer amenities for couples like you, who have exquisite taste.
Above all other criteria, you must consider your dream wedding plans. That matters more than how many wedding guests you plan to accommodate. No matter how large or small your guest list is, you’re sure to have a truly unforgettable experience if planning a Tuscan wedding.
Best Tuscan Villas for Weddings
1. Locazione Turistica Rustico Cavernoso
You can book an entire home for your Tuscan wedding if you want. The Turistica Rustico Cavernoso has three bedrooms, a living room and kitchen, and two bathrooms. You can sleep at least four to eight people in this Tuscan countryside home if you count the sofa bed.
Best For Near Castel San Gimignano
If you want to be near San Gimignano, I think this would be one of the closest you can get to this location. It’s only .1 miles away from Castel San Gimignano.
Nearby attractions include the Etruscan Coast, which provides a natural setting for weddings in Tuscany of all sizes. This unforgettable wedding villa also has the Piazzale Martiri di Montemaggio and Parco deil’Agrestone less than five miles away.
There are also more restaurants within a short walking distance, some of which may even have enough room for a reception dinner. For example, you could enjoy lunch at the IL Monte Ristorante Pizzeria, only about a mile from the villa. Even closer, you could go to the Ristorante Tre Archi.
Travelers have the convenience of flying to the Rustico Cavernoso too, and the Florence Airport is 30 miles away. The Pisa International Airport is 37 miles from the Rustico Cavernoso, and you also can use the trains, which come within eight miles of this location.
- “Exceptional” rating on Bookings.com
- Large outdoor swimming pool
- Free Wifi
- Stunning Tuscan countryside terrace view
- Convenient free parking for Tuscany wedding guests
- Beautiful garden for wedding photos
- Indoor and outdoor dining space
- Table football and billiards
- Perfect wedding venue for intimate weddings or large special events
- Too popular for a Tuscan countryside venue, so not always available
- Not ideal for planning a last-minute destination wedding
- No outdoor hot tub
See Related: Italy Itinerary: 10 Days in Italy Trip Plan
2. Villa Martina
You’ll find Villa Martina in Pietrasanta. It has a living room with a TV and three bedrooms, a kitchen with a dishwasher and refrigerator, and both a bathtub and shower. It also comes with complimentary toiletries necessary for hosting a successful event.
Best for a Mountain Terrace View
I noticed the Martina didn’t receive quite as excellent of a rating as the Rustico Cavernoso. However, I still couldn’t help but feel impressed by the Cimone mountain view, which you can see best from the top floor on the terrace.
This location also has the Lido di Camaiore and Viareggio Beaches. That’s if you even want to leave the Martina grounds, which has plenty of walking space. It’s also only about 10 miles from Monte la Cima, Campo Scuola Vianova and Le Radici ski lifts.
Three airports are also nearby, which makes this elegant villa a perfect spot for accommodating guests who don’t live in the area. These include the Pisa International, Florence and Parma Airports.
- Spacious interior for a wedding in Tuscany
- Spectacular terrace view
- Large windows letting in natural light
- Washing machine on site
- 1722 square feet total
- Pets allowed
- Private swimming Pool
- Only a few miles from two beaches
- Ski lifts for winter vacations
- Near major airports.
- Noisy boiler
- Not as clean as it should have been
3. Agriturismo Pensieri di Cavatina
The Agriturismo interior has a more formal feel to it than the Villa Martina, which has a contemporary vibe. I see hints of Victorian and modern architecture inside and outside of the Agriturismo luxury villa.
I would feel like royalty if I stayed here. You even get slippers and a bathrobe, and there’s a bidet in every bathroom. Nearby attractions include the National Museum of Etruscan Archaeology and the Castello di Meleto.
Wine or champagne is also available onsite for an extra charge, and you can even order special-diet meals. To me, it sounds like the perfect villa for a wedding villa.
Best for Wine Tasting in the Tuscan Countryside
Some places you can experience wine tasting in the Tuscan region near the Agriturismo include Bacci Wines and the Borgo Scopeto Winery. Another place you might want to visit is the Tenuta Cappellina, which is known for its fun, personal and informative tours.
You don’t have to like the taste of wine, however. Either way, the Agriturismo makes the perfect setting for Tuscan weddings.
- Accessible for people with disabilities
- Family rooms
- Wifi and TV
- Restaurant with custom menus for your diet
- Beach umbrellas and outdoor lounge chairs
- Pets allowed, charges may apply
- Clean and kind staff
- Some guests said rooms were small
- Difficult to get around without a car
See Related: Villa Owners
4. Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa
Palazzo Leopoldo Dimora Storica & Spa / Booking.com
Best for Relaxation
If there’s any place to recharge your well-being, I think it would be at the Palazzo Leopoldo. They have three swimming pools in total, including one open one. There’s also a spa and fitness center and room service.
They also have a bar for after-hours or cocktail hour, which fits the needs of many couples planning a luxury wedding. Oh, and did I mention there’s a Jacuzzi on site (pending availability for specific dates and times throughout the year)?
This site also has historical significance. There’s word that its original structure originated circa 1310. It’s near the Chianti Tuscan countryside.
It still has some of the fireplaces first built into it, and it also has some of its original fresco artwork on its walls. However, it provides the TV and satellite channels, alarm clocks, hair dryers and other modern amenities people look for in 2023 and beyond.
- Plenty of relaxation amenities
- Historical decor and architecture perfect for romance
- Close proximity to Radda, a historical district
- Spectacular views of the Tuscan landscape
- Clean rooms with all the right amenities
- Helpful staff
- Tasty breakfast
- Swimming Pool
- Uneven stairs
- Not enough windows for some guests
- Individual booking of pool time required
See Related: Best Beaches in Italy to Visit
5. Fattoria Tolomei
This Italian countryside villa offers plenty of room for wedding guests, and it makes a quaint honeymoon destination. It has received “exceptional” ratings from guests because it combines both nature and modern amenities for an unforgettable stay.
Best for Overall Satisfying Stay
I noticed that at least one person who visited would be “happy to come back.” People enjoyed the animals, including the Maremmana cows.
- Ideal for a remote wedding ceremony
- Equipped for wedding receptions
- Unique wedding photographer moments
- Barbeque facilities for outside gatherings
- Washing machine
- Friendly hosts
- Cute animals on site
- Close access to the sea
- Nearby several locations (ex: Siena, Massa Marittima, Saturnia, and more)
- Hot, humid location sometimes
- No air conditioning
- Rooster kept guests awake
6. Private Spot Near Florence
I am not sure what the name of this place is. All I know is that it’s a private space near Florence. I am including it even though it’s not a major chain hotel or well-known wedding villa because it seems to have area significance.
Guests also seem to enjoy it here. The price isn’t that high considering all that is included either. People would probably enjoy this somewhat secluded destination if they prefer a private wedding ceremony. I think it may be just the right place for a couple who wants to celebrate just the two of them.
Best for Most Green Space
I believe the private Tuscan countryside villa near Florence could be one of the most romantic wedding villas in the world. I see all the lush vegetation, especially the tall trees against the horizon, possibly making it the perfect site for a private wedding ceremony.
It doesn’t have space for large events or groups of people. However, I say it’s ideal for a destination wedding for a bride and groom who plan to say their vows in the region.
I would perhaps ask the owners of this place to see if they will allow an officiator and a witness on the grounds. Otherwise, you can always find a spot in the Tuscan countryside and just use this spot for your honeymoon.
No matter what you decide, couples who’ve been to this wedding villa seem to love it, judging by the comments they left about the place. There’s a good chance you would too.
- Hospitable host
- Just the right distance from the city, but a close commute
- Gardens all around
- Free parking for wedding guests
- Ideal for honeymoons for two people
- Children allowed
- Quiet spot
- Wish I knew the name of it!
- Not for people with pets
- No events (no large groups we assume)
7. A First-Floor Apartment Near Florence
I think VRBO is onto something. They offer private places to rent that apparently aren’t owned by huge developer chains. You can see the “villa” on the floor of this place. Otherwise, it appears to have been updated to a more modern interior design.
It has a kitchen, living room and deck area. It’s not far from the Duomo and the Accademia, San Marco and Archaeological Museums. It’s described as one that is “in detail,” yet that detail doesn’t seem to take away from its comfortable atmosphere.
Best for Historical Significance
This first-floor apartment near Florence does have historical significance. However, it does have its share of modern amenities, such as heating and air conditioning and close proximity to bus stops. You can get to just about anywhere in the city from here.
- Convenient location near public transportation
- Close to coffee shops, restaurants, etc.
- Washing machine and ironing equipment
- Highchair and crib for children/babies
- TV and home theater equipment
- Kitchen with appliances
- Towels, soap and shampoo
- Air conditioning
- Wheelchair accessible
- Cleaned and sanitized regularly
- Ideal for two people
- Getting past people waiting at a bus stop is a challenge
- A/C not very user-friendly for some guests
- Uncomfortable in heat if A/C is not working
- Not suitable for large wedding crowds
See Related: Best Places to Visit in Italy
8. Camilla Florence Apartment
One thing I noticed about the Camilla Florence Apartment is the glass table and chairs. It can be an enchanting setting for one or two couples enjoying a date night together. Adding tapered candles to the dining table really does set the mood.
Best for Couples And Families
It has two bedrooms and one bathroom. You probably could fit up to eight people in this place at a time. It’s only a seven-minute drive to Arno River and a three-minute drive to Cascine Park from this apartment. If you can’t fit your entire wedding guestlist in this place, you can at least accommodate your wedding party.
Ponte Vecchio is also only about 10 minutes from this Camilla apartment. Apartment Florence is the host, and it does also have bunk beds in it and a double bed in the other bedroom.
- Ideal for couples with children
- Linens, hair dryer and soaps included
- Convenient location
- Not suitable for traveling with pets
- No events allowed (i.e. large house parties are probably prohibited)
9. Venus Cathedral View
You will find the Venus Cathedral View apartment located less than a mile from the Florence Center. You could fit up to six people in it in two bedrooms and a total of three beds. This Sant’Ambrogio apartment does allow children and pets, so you’ll probably get a family vibe here.
Best for Medieval Architecture
Piazza Beccaria, where an urban renewal program took place, is where the Venus Cathedral View accommodation sits. It sits near a medieval tower, adding a backdrop similar to that of a king’s palace. This area used to be the capital of Italy from 1865-1871.
It’s rich in history but also comes with modern amenities. You can look out from the balcony and marvel at this area’s architecture but still feel the comforts of home. I learned about some mixed experiences from guests who stayed here, however.
- Kitchen with cooking equipment and appliances (when they work)
- View of sky and horizon and medieval villas
- Grocery store nearby
- Elevator, so no need to climb stairs
- Friendly host
- Uncomfortable sleeper sofa
- Unfortunately, some internet issues (temporary Wi-Fi outage)
- Broken wash machine and dishwasher (at least during one guest visit)
- The toilet won’t flush right
- Lights and electrical problems
See Related: The Best Wine Tours in Florence and Tuscany
10. Historic Apartment in Siena Center
I viewed some photos of the inside of this Tuscany apartment. I’m impressed. I like the floors, which appear to be hardwood or similar quality materials.
The arched doorways and ceiling over the staircases are spectacular too. It appears to have been made when Tuscany villas had real wood frames, not cheap composite ones.
Best for Gothic Architecture
Charming is the word I’d use for its interior. The gothic appearance of this building’s exterior looks similar to other city structures built between the 12th and 15th centuries.
Nearby historical attractions include the Piazza del Campo and the Siena Cathedral. You can walk to both of these locations in about 15 minutes. You can also see the Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena and the Piazza Salimbeni, which are even a shorter walk from the charming but gothic-influenced Siena Center apartment.
- Helpful host
- The fridge and dishwasher worked great
- Free coffee
- Cooking classes onside
- Spacious primary bedroom
- An experience, not just a place to sleep
- Restaurants and markets within walking distance
- Clean and comfortable
- Private bathroom
- Inconvenient location of bathroom (upstairs)
- Brighter lighting inside would have been nice
- Not for pets or children
- No events, so not ideal for a large dream wedding or reception
11. Stone House With Garden and Private Pool
I personally love stone buildings. The way carpenters lay out the stones in artistic patterns adds character. Combine that with arrangements of multicolored flower gardens and a view of the sky, and you have near perfection.
Best for Small Groups
The private pool has the same style of stone around it as the villa. It’s an excellent place for children and families that have pets.
I could see a small group of people having a private pool gathering here too. However, that may not be possible because only three adults are allowed. It would make a nice time for a honeymoon though, especially if you already have children and want to take them with you.
You might not have enough room for the people standing up in your wedding though. It’s more for a couple who want to spend some private time together, not a wedding villa for a large group.
The site would provide enough space for a wedding officiant and a witness, however. Maybe you can at least ask for permission for a private, symbolic ceremony.
- Up to three adults and two minors allowed
- More of a private place for the same price as a hotel
- A comfortable bed-and-breakfast feel (make your own in the kitchen provided)
- Plenty of things to do nearby (ex: bird watching, swimming, museums and watching nature)
- Five-star reviews from people who would come back if they could
- Not suited for bachelor or bachelorette parties
- Early checkout time (10 a.m.)
- Not the most comfortable beds
- Sometimes the bathroom has no toilet paper
See Related: Best Vespa Tours in Florence & Tuscany
12. Borgo La Chiusa
The Legnaia and Porcilia connect to one another but still exist as separate dwellings. The Legnaia sleeps eight people, and the Porcilia sleeps four people. If you need more sleeping room than that for your overnight guests, you can fit them in the Fienile house, which sleeps 10 people.
- Events allowed – good news for your bachelor or bachelorette party
- Sleep up to 22 people in all three houses (Legnaia, Porcilaia and Fienile)
- Plenty of lounge areas inside and outside
- Pool access
- Crib and high chair
- Pet and children friendly
- Helpful staff
- Fully equipped kitchen for cooking guest meals
- Rave reviews from guests fascinated by the place
- Hard to find using GPS sometimes
- Heating is not included, you’re charged separately for it
- Difficult to get around without a car